Supply Chain Management Review: Sustainable Procurement: What Procurement Officers Can Learn from 3 Case StudiesJanuary 16, 2016
Supply & Demand Chain Executive: Procurement Executives: Three Tips to Grooming Your SuccessorJanuary 25, 2016
Originally Published in Lexology | January 21, 2016 | By Geoffrey C. Cockrell
A September 2015 Consero survey of general counsels (GCs) from mid-size to large U.S. hospital and health systems provides some interesting insight into the top issues facing legal departments.
Highlights include the following:
- 94% of surveyed GCs said they are either involved or extremely involved in merger and acquisition activity.
- The top five areas of focus for the coming months were M&A activity (36%); regulations/legislation (35%); cybersecurity/privacy (27%); litigation (24%); and compliance and ethics management (19%). Note: Multiple areas could be selected.
- Cybersecurity/privacy was the top area of risk (39%) followed by HIPAA/HITECH compliance (36%); regulatory changes (33%); False Claims Act (22%) and antitrust risk (13%). Note: Multiple areas could be selected.
- More than two-thirds of respondents did not believe their emergency preparedness plan covers all risk exposure adequately.
- More than one-third of respondents said their health system had experienced a cybersecurity breach in the previous 12 months.
To receive an emailed link to download the report, fill out the form here.